[Mich VHF UHF Society] Need help with a 2m calibration

David DeVos kf8ql at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 24 16:28:55 CDT 2019

Hi Chuck,
I measure low levels of power with a HP 432A power meter.  But it will measure power down to only -20dBm.  That's useful for low transmit power.
But how about using another receiver to check your signal source?  The S meter on my Flex 6500 is supposedly very well calibrated, and it reads out directly in dBm.  An empty antenna port on the Flex reads -113 dBm.  That would at least verify your signal source.  Problem is, I live in Grand Rapids...
If you're not super concerned about accuracy, I'd just use any known good receiver to check your signal source.  I attached a typical S meter chart to dBm chart I copied from Wikipedia.

Dave DeVos - KF8QL
Retired guy cell is 616-278-8068