[Mich VHF UHF Society] Greetings from the western reaches of EN82

Tom k8tb at bosscher.org
Wed May 4 20:56:20 CDT 2016

Dave,

Really nice post. I myself would love to do more on VHF/UHF, but I'm 33
months away from the R word!

I also wish there was more activity. It's puzzling, as it seems like
activity is down. I give a little talk about once a year to the Holland
club, and I push the faith at hamfests by telling the FM'rs that a 7
element 2 meter beam on top of their roof, will let them talk to
Chicago, Milwaukee or Detroit anytime.

Roger, W8IO gets the credit for resurrecting the MIVUS crowd. With this
list server, it is easier for all of us to keep track of what is going
on. We've even come up with an award, the Golden Mitten award, for
working all 24 Michigan grids. "We" need to get working on being able to
award that.

The best part of this list is that if someone like you does go rover,
you can let all of us know, and we can then look for you.

Any ideas for increasing activity, well, they are appreciated.

As an aside, sometime in June, I might be able to get my hands on some
50+ Larcan VHF high band 1 kw modules. If I get those, there will be a
special deal for MIVUS members. I should be able to bring them to the
annual meeting.

Oh, speaking of that for you Dave and everyone, make sure to put August
20, 2016, Saturday on your calendar for the annual MIVUS meeting at the
"Spark in the Park". That will be 3-8 pm, Saturday in Grand Rapids.

Thank you fro the note Dave, and your level of activity is very much
appreciated..

Tom K8TB