[Mich VHF UHF Society] NE8I Call

jeffrey.wheelersr at gmail.com jeffrey.wheelersr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 18:27:11 CDT 2017

Lloyd’s NE8I call expires 04-08-2018 unless the FCC terminates it early because they have been notified of his death. I’m not sure how or if that would really happen. I think there is a grace period to allow any family members to apply for his call, if they chose to and if they are an Extra class licensee.  I believe Lloyds closest family members were cousins, not sure if any are Amateurs. Before we get too ahead of ourselves, I think we as a Club need to decide if this is the coarse we want to take and seek guidance from Roger and the other Club officers as to whether or not the Club leadership is in favor of pursuing NE8I and abandoning the existing club call.  I do know it didn’t seem to take much time before Mark’s K8MD call was scooped up after his unexpected death on May 8, 2013.  I have a pretty good idea Jack, K8JA and I know the right guy to reach out to Lloyd’s cousins and see if there is any interest on their part to obtain NE8I.

Jeff W7JW
EN82fj