[Mich VHF UHF Society] 10 GHz Beacon

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Mon Jan 10 15:48:40 CST 2022

Chuck do you have an accurate power meter for 10 GHz that you trust? My
problem is I have 3-4 different heads for my 437 meter and all 3-4 read
differently. Between all of them they are within 2-3 dB but it irks me
to death not knowing exactly what the real power level is. I used to
trust my Agilent 26 GHz SA but it reads off from all the heads too and
trust it the least now for some reason. I need to find a known source or
find someone with a known head/meter at 10 GHz.

Kinda like the guy with two watches not knowing the real time whereas
the guy with one does hi-hi.

One thing you need to know abt the Ukrainian beacon board.....their PO
varies greatly with supply voltage. I can find the post if you like but
there was a notable difference between 5.0 VDC and 5.3 VDC when I was
testing mine.

I said my beacon board put out abt 8 dBm but using another head I can
measure close to 11 dBm so maybe I can drive one directly and get the 2W
out.

Or maybe I should just save up for a new 3W DEMI and not use this very,
very old 2W DEMI that needs abt 50mW. Even Steve at DEMI does not have
much info on this early model. And unfortunately my sig gen max's out at
around +12 dBm.

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....