[Mich VHF UHF Society] [VHF] Central States VHF Society postpones 2020 Annual Conference 'til 2021

Tom k8tb at bosscher.org
Mon Apr 27 14:06:39 CDT 2020

Hello interested VHF'ers:

The CSVHFS Board met via Zoom meeting yesterday and decided to POSTPONE our
2020 conference until 2021. Our 54th annual conference will have to wait
for another year.

Sure, you could say "cancel" but we are keeping the same hosting team in
place and holding it at the same planned venue. The new dates will be July
30th and 31st, 2021 for the conference. Most people will arrive in LaCrosse
on Thursday, July 29th, 2021 and depart on Sunday, August 1st, 2021

17 people had hotel reservations for 2020--those have been cancelled by the
hotel. The hotel is NOT set up to accept 2021 reservations yet. We will
notify the membership and update our lodging tab on the website when lodging
reservations for 2021 can be made--likely in January, 2021.

The board recognizes that our nation will begin opening up again soon--but
our sense is that holding a conference in late July is not appropriate.

Be well and get on the VHF+ bands!

73
Bruce Richardson W9FZ
CSVHFS 2020 President