[Mich VHF UHF Society] Beacons

Patrick Thomas p-thomas at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 25 22:28:05 CST 2018

Is anyone else reading the K8MM beacon (144.295ish in EN83)?  I've not heard it since the contest.

By the way, I've had some inquiries in the past weeks into my own beacon formerly on 222.058 in EN82hk.  Long story short, I was never able to tame the spray of severe HF interference from it, so it went onto the bench, and then the day job took over.

I switched to a brand new modular design, which unlike the last one should definitely be stable enough to calibrate your dial to (at least within several Hz)... and being GPS stabilized you can even calibrate your timepiece while you're there, ha ha.

It also benefits *ME* by being smaller, less power-hungry, more feature-rich, more controllable remotely, and being generally better in every way.

So... HOPEFULLY... it will be back up on the air with low power sometime in early Feb, and back to ~15W toward the end of the month.

Patrick
KB8DGC