[Mich VHF UHF Society] East-siders?

Patrick Thomas p-thomas at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 5 23:31:37 CST 2018

Hi all,

A couple questions... first, I've been looking around for some SPDT ("A/B") remote coax relays that would be suitable up to low microwave frequencies, and able to handle "decent" power.  Any suggestions... other than ebay, or buying one new for $400+? :)

Secondly, has there been any consideration in periodically holding MIVUS events somewhere around the east side?  Or if I want to see something like that, should I just "build it" and advertise here, and they will come?  Not sure how officially-sanctioned such things typically are.

Last but not least, I am in a bit of a hole here geographically; I have yet to get a VHF signal anywhere west of about Howell with rooftop-level antennas.  Is this typical?  Antenna height is limited to 40ft here - at least when the code enforcement guys come to check it, ha ha - and due to the sort of "forest" conditions around here, I cannot use guy wires, and I really need to get up about 70ft before I'm well above the treeline.  A 70ft telescopic would be ideal but not much luck so far.  Any ideas on a stop gap solution?  Short of moving/roving.... :)

Or remote stations, heh.

Thanks,

Patrick
KB8DGC