[Mich VHF UHF Society] Fwd: [VHF] ARRL Contest Changes for 2017-2018 - Sept QST p91

rgcox2 rgcox2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 13:24:47 CDT 2017

-------- Original message --------From: Bart Jahnke via VHF <vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu> Date: 7/26/17  2:00 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: VHF Reflector <vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu> Subject: [VHF] ARRL Contest Changes for 2017-2018 - Sept QST p91
All,

A few weeks ago I shared proposed new ARRL Contest requirements for
VHF Contest log deadlines and the like. In it we proposed bringing the
log receipts (postmarks) deadline for most ARRL (and the IARU HF)
Contests to 5 days after the event.

Relating to VHF+ events, we did receive some thoughtful feedback,
mainly from Rovers, and considered that with other input we received.

The resulting change is discussed in the QST announcement, which can
be viewed at:

                  http://www.arrl.org/arrl-contests-changes-for-2017-2018

In summary, the announcement places the new log deadlines as follows:

- HF Contests - the log submission deadline for all ARRL (and IARU) HF
contests is five (5) days (120 hours) from the end of the contest.  To
accommodate participant connectivity issues or travel obligations, an
extension can be obtained by contacting the ARRL Contest Branch
(email: contests at arrl.org) any time before the submission deadline.

- VHF (and above) Contests - the log submission deadline for all ARRL
VHF and above contests is ten (10) days from the end of the contest.
As VHF+ events have a high volume of Temporary, Portable and Rover
(mobile) station participants, the 10-day deadline allows for their
submissions to accommodate takedown of, and/or travel from
portable/temporary station sites. To accommodate further possible time
constraints, connectivity issues or travel obligations, an extension
can be obtained by contacting the ARRL Contest Branch (email:
contests at arrl.org) any time before the submission deadline.

There are other updates in the announcement, which you may review via
the web page link.

Questions can be directed to me via w9jj at arrl.org

73,

Bart Jahnke, W9JJ
Contest Branch Manager
ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio™
225 Main St
Newington CT 06111
860-594-0232
w9jj at arrl.org