[Mich VHF UHF Society] Various things

Roger Cox rgcox2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 19:54:32 CST 2017

I submitted my log for the January VHF contest to both ARRL and
3830Scores.com.  Have you?

Would anyone be interested in a Facebook group just for MiVUS? There are
several VHF-UHF-microwave Facebook groups already, but this would just
be for VHF-UHF hams here in Michigan and/or Hams within VHF-UHF range of
Michigan.  It would be a place to share photos (shack, antennas,
projects, etc.), files (Golden Mitten Award) and other things that can't
normally be done on a text-only mailing list. Information about the
Facebook group would also be on our MiVUS web page.

Also, I was wondering if there should be activity hours during VHF-UHF
contests specifically for Michigan Hams.  These activity hours would
primarily benefit those who can't spend the entire contest period in
front of a radio, but would like to maximize their contacts in short
periods of time, or at least help give out points to those who are
working the entire period.

For example: Sat. 2-3pm, Sat. 8-9pm, Sat. 11-12pm, Sun. 7-8am, Sun.
2-3pm, Sun. 8-9pm.

73 Roger W8IO

---