[Mich VHF UHF Society] 50 MHz to 6 GHz SDR Transceiver Presentation

James French w8iss1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 07:11:47 CST 2017

Looking this over this weekend since I could not get out as a Rover (tire
problems) and some other things that needed to be done (school and xyl do
list), this past January's 50Mhz and above column makes mention of a
Canadian station utilizing a hackrf sdr transceiver for a first contact on
3.4Ghz.

Looking at both the b200 and hackrf units, the hackrf one is priced at 300
dollars compared to a 700 dollar price for the b200. The b210 is priced at
1200 dollars but has two transceivers built-in.

So has anyone played with either of these at all? All I have experience
with are the rrtl sdr dongles on a raspberry pi for freqshow, flightaware
ADIS, and a few times just listing to a few local fm stations.

James W8ISS