[Mich VHF UHF Society] Vhf + beacon modes?

James French w8iss1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 16:44:28 CDT 2017

Mike,

I was trying to go by memory from about 20 years ago when I was really good
at being able to quote parts of the rules :)  With what Tom mentioned in
his reply jogged the stray brain cells that are left and I was wrong. Used
to have nice long debates about the rules before I moved back north in '96.
Haven't had a really good reason to have one of those debates since then.

So, can a pic (or is it a pix?) Be programmes to do such a thing or does
the group have to come up with something else to interface with these
beacons? In one of our discussions, Lloyd was even considering utilizing
micro-recorders with said recordings and then interfacing that to a beacon
or two.

I have considered putting up a beacon or two on 2m and 70cm, but just never
got around to doing it. Plus not being able to put antennas up too high,
probably could get antennas up to 35 feet. Would that do any good with me
being only about three miles south west of downtown Detroit?

James W8ISS