[Mich VHF UHF Society] NE8I/b

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Fri Apr 14 15:55:44 CDT 2017

Better research whether the FCC has any heartburn over hanging funny appendages on the end of multiple instances of the same callsign.

Speaking as an ARRL log checker myself (albeit for the 10M Contest) the callsign format being proposed will most likely cause big problems for their log checking software.  To them, callsigns with "/R" on the end are rovers, a single entry operating from multiple grids, not multiple entries operating from (possibly) the same grid.  Even if they modify their software to strip off the "-#", then the callsigns become exactly the same.  Same call, same grid = duplicate QSO.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's way outside the conventions of the contest which will require re-writing some of their log checking software, which I doubt they have interest in doing for a one shot event.

Sent from my iPhone