[Mich VHF UHF Society] NE8I as Mich VHF UHF Society club callsign?

Tom k8tb at bosscher.org
Wed Apr 12 14:49:47 CDT 2017

Whats really nice about being put on ignore with AT&T at work is how
much stuff I can get done on the Internet.

Between the FCC ULS and QRZ, it looks like AD8U was used as a vanity
call by Richard L Johnson, but he switched over to W8YV as his preferred
call in 1998. His QRZ page confirms this. So from what I can tell, AD8U
is not a silent keys call.

BTW, it looks like the history of the MIVUS call is KC8ZLH in April of
2014, to W8PHJ to AD8U. I don't think W8PHJ is a past persons call either.

If any of the original folks who started MIVUS are on this list, I would
like to talk to you on the phone and maybe exchange some email info. I
would love to put the history of the group on the web site. Particularly
if there were any early newsletters or minutes, or anything from the
past. We have to preserve that.

But Roger, from what I can tell, the AD8U was a chosen vanity call, but
not after any one person.

Tom Bosscher K8TB