[Mich VHF UHF Society] June VHF participation?

Patrick Thomas p-thomas at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 9 06:37:53 CDT 2016

Any plans for the weekend?  I haven't seen a lot of traffic on the list to this effect so I hope it's not a faux pas to promote a bit!

I'm kind of winging it depending on equipment reliability and karma, but I am hoping to run a park-and-go limited rover (6m, 2m, 220 QRP, 440) for Saturday, starting in southwestern EN82, out to Chelsea or possibly Jackson... and if things go smoothly, down to Adrian, back to Monroe, up along the water to 696, and back home.

Maybe I will trust my station and capabilities to go a little farther in September, but for now, I'm just counting my blessings that nothing explodes or breaks off... and that goes for the radio gear and the vehicle both. :)

Speaking of location-seeking, has anyone reliably got Radio Mobile (http://cplus.org/rmw/english1.html) to work?  I've been having issues getting some of the topo data downloaded.

Thanks & good luck to anyone participating,

Patrick - KB8DGC