[Mich VHF UHF Society] Contest -- semi-blah, and a suggestion

Russell Dwarshuis rjd at merit.edu
Sun Jul 17 21:39:53 CDT 2016

Saturday was a grind. 6m was open for hours on Sunday, but mostly just to Florida so the grid count on 6m wasn't that high.  I did work 1 DX station in Nicaragua and a couple of Mexico stations on 6.

2m conditions were decent, but there were no extraordinarily long contacts via tropo.  I did work K5QE and VE1SKY on FSK441 meteor scatter for "DX" on 2m.

Totals were 6m: 114 QSOs/48 grids  2m: 50 QSOs/28 grids.  16,264 total score.

Russ  KB8U