[Mich VHF UHF Society] Contest -- semi-blah, and a suggestion

Roger Cox rgcox2 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 19:40:24 CDT 2016

John,

I looked and called North several times during the contest but didn't
hear you. North is my worst direction, though as the house on the ridge
just north of me is basically at the same level as my beam.

I ended up with 840 points total: 12 Q's and 9 grids on 144 and 16 Q's
and 12 grids on 50 MHz. My best DX was W9RVG in EM57 (southern Illinois)
on 144 MHz. I only operated on Saturday from 2pm till about 11pm. The
sporadic E clouds seemed to sit right over northern Indiana and northern
Ohio, preventing any good openings on 6m from here.

73 Roger W8IO