[Mich VHF UHF Society] Power rating for SMA relays?

David DeVos kf8ql at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 06:04:10 CDT 2016

Dave,

300W is too much for SMA connectors on the relays, so I doubt the contacts can handle it either.  Tech data I’ve seen on the SMA connectors themselves says 100W up to 18G.  I don’t know the part number of your relay, but I think they could handle in the 50W range.

N connectors are rated up to 350W at 18G, I’m not sure how much at 900MHz.  I’ll send you a document I have on this.

David DeVos - KF8QL
www.davedevos.com <http://www.davedevos.com/>
www.mythinplace.com <http://www.mythinplace.com/>
616-706-8736