[Mich VHF UHF Society] Create CLP-5130-1N VHF/UHF Log-Periodic Antennas ?

Stan Mattson stanmattson at live.com
Fri Mar 13 12:29:31 CDT 2015

Hi Jeff,

I've had the shorter version, CLP-5130-2N since they first came out.  I wouldn't recommend it for serious DX work but it may fill the gaps on a lot of bands until you get up larger antennas.  On one very good tropo opening I was able to rag chew shortly with W4ZRZ in AL(who has a very good station) on 222 FM using this antenna and a 35w rig!  Because I have other antennas up now, just today I am adding a preamp to it for use on TV.

It is a well built antenna, which you would expect for the price, any should outlast many tv quality antennas.

Stan, W8MIL