[Mich VHF UHF Society] Create CLP-5130-1N VHF/UHF Log-Periodic Antennas ?

Bart Jahnke bjahnke at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:55:31 CDT 2015

Hi Jeff,

I can report on my experience - I did the QST review nearly 30 years ago.
I sold mine back then to Stan Horezpa WA1LOU (the FM Columnist for QST -
and I think he still has it).

It comes with the SHF section preassembled which is great.

The coax clips (holding the coax away from the boom) will become brittle
after a decade of sun.

My primary use was on 50-432 -- and it was a good compromise antenna for
the boom length.

The performance at 903 or 1296 is mediocre (8-9 dbi) -- again it is
directional, so that was a plus but a better gain antenna would make sense
at the upper frequencies unless you are perhaps just using it for casual
local activity or monitoring.

I actually have one that I am not using -- if anyone is interested I'd sell
it shipped CONUS for $285.

73 Bart W9JJ / 1