[Mich VHF UHF Society] January VHF Contest

Russell Dwarshuis rjd at merit.edu
Wed Jan 28 10:51:09 CST 2015

I got on for roughly 4 hours over the weekend.  I checked a couple of other times and there was precipitation static preventing me from hearing anything.

The good news is I was able to get back on 222 after a long absence.  The bad news was I heard no enhanced propagation on any bands, plus the S9 precip. static.

I made 83 total QSOs.  Claimed score was 5014.  I ran 1KW on 6m, 50 watts on 2 and 100 watts on 222 & 432.  Best DX was on 50 MHz, roughly 500 km.  I entered "MICHIGAN VHF-UHF SOCIETY" for the club, the ARRL email log checker seemed happy with that.

Harv, I don't think we've worked before so I'll be looking for you in the next contest.  My station is in EN71

73, Russell Dwarshuis  KB8U