[Mich VHF UHF Society] Fwd: PRB-1 Last Minute Call to Action

rgcox2 rgcox2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 06:58:03 CST 2015

2, 2015. He has until 10:08 AM on January 16 to sign it in order for it
to become law.

As of this writing (8:00 PM) on January 12, 2015 our bill (along with
many others) has not been signed by the Governor. We are down to the
final days and we need your help.

This call to action is for those Michigan amateurs and other interested
parties that HAVE NOT yet contacted the Governor’s via email or the
Governor’s website to make that contact. If you have already
expressed your opinion by web site and telephone, thank you. You have
done your job.

Duplicate requests by the same medium do not help our cause. Each of us
can use each method once.

If you have called on the telephone, but not sent a request via the
website, by all means use the website medium and vice-versa. Be sure
that you have made contact by both mediums.

Michigan family members and friends of voting age, ham or non-ham can
participate.

Our message is simple: “I respectfully encourage Governor Snyder to
sign Senate Bill 493.”  There is no need to add anything to the
message as additional information gets in the way of what we want to
get across at this point.

This message needs to be sent via email at:

https://somgovweb.state.mi.us/GovRelations/ShareOpinion.aspx

This web site will take you a form to be filled out. Easy to do and
painless. No need to compose your comments. For the bill category, use
"Other/Unknown" and simply insert the provided verbiage.

By telephone at 517-335-7858, simply tell the person answering the
phone (or leave a message if calling after hours) “this is (your
name) and I am a resident of (your city, town, village, or township)
and I respectfully encourage Governor Snyder to sign Senate Bill
0493.”

After contacting the Governor's Office, please send a note to
wa8qje at arrl.net and wb8r at arrl.org advising us that you made contact
with them.

We are very hopeful that this will accomplish our goal and get our bill
signed into law.

Thank you for your assistance and I look forward to giving you good
news in the coming days.

73,

Larry, WB8R

ARRL Michigan Section