[Mich VHF UHF Society] January VHF?

James French w8iss1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 08:01:37 CST 2015

I just realized that this year's contest is a week later than I was
planning on :(

The past few year's tests have fallen on the same weekend as the local
astronomy club's 'Ice Daze' event at Lake Erie Metro Park. This has been a
good chance for me to operate, have a warm spot to retreat to if needed,
plus the added bonus of showing off to the public in a more controlled
environment.

Been going to Lake Erie Metro Park and Sterling State Park for years and
have gotten to be known by the Park staff pretty well. At least to the
point of not being asked 'why' I have all that metal above the car :)

Joel, I'll see if I can scare up the old W8PGW multi-op crew and see if
they want to do anything next weekend.

James W8ISS