[Mich VHF UHF Society] Michigan PRB -1 Call to Action – Michigan Senate

Roger Cox rgcox2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 21:43:14 CDT 2014

Forwarded message .......

To the hams of Michigan:

Subject: Michigan PRB -1 Call to Action – Michigan Senate

On September 16, 2014, members of the Michigan PRB -1 Committee
attended a Senate Hearing in Lansing regarding Senate Bill 0493. We are
extremely pleased to report that SB 0493 Substitute S-2 to codify the
language of 47 CFR Part 97.15 into state law was unanimously passed out
of the Energy and Technology Committee. You can see SB 0493 S-2 on our
PRB-1 website located here:http://www.miarrlprb1.org/

It is time for us to begin our letter writing campaign targeting our
Michigan Senators in a effort to encourage them to look closely at SB
0493 and to vote in favor of the bill when it comes up for a vote on
the Senate floor. A very important part of communication with our
elected officials is that we need to keep our focus on the positive
side. This is not the place to discuss his or her voting record or what
other legislation they have supported or not supported. It is vital that
we stay on topic and deal with only the subject at hand.

The appropriate documentation has been prepared on our Michigan PRB-1
website located athttp://www.miarrlprb1.org/  and you can read more and
find sample letters there.

It is very important that we concentrate ONLY on the Senate right now.
When and if the Senate passes the bill, then we will change the
emphasis to the members of the House. The letters are identical except
for the appropriate changes to reflect where the letters are going.

All you need to do is to copy the prepared letter from our website, add
your Senator’s information and your information to the letter and
email it to your Senator asking for his or her support. You can find
out who your Senator is and how to reach him or her here:
http://www.senate.michigan.gov/findyoursenator/michiganfys.asp

The website noted above will give you a direct email address for your
Senator. When your letter is customized with your Senator’s
information and your information, you can send your letter direction to
your Senator. The lack of a physical signature is not important here. By
the very nature of the method of contacting them, an actual signature is
difficult to accomplish.

Please send me a copy of your letter (wb8r at arrl.org) as this will help
our committee to gauge our effectiveness.

If things work the way we would like them to, our efforts will turn to
the Michigan House once our bill passes the Senate. And when and if our
bill passes the House, then we will turn our attention to the
Governor’s office to urge him to sign our bill into law.

This is the very best opportunity we have to make a difference for the
hams of Michigan. Talk it up, and step forward to make sure that your
friends (ham and non-ham) have the information and that they are
encouraged to act. We need to add our voices to this bill to help
ensure that our representatives act on our behalf.

Thank you in advance and 73!

Larry, WB8R

Michigan ARRL Section Manager

ARRL Michigan Section