[Mich VHF UHF Society] Fwd: [VHF] SDR Play [ NEW SDR RECEIVER. 2 GHz, 8MHz bandwidth under $300 USD ]

Roger Cox rgcox2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 18:48:37 CDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[VHF] SDR Play [ NEW SDR RECEIVER. 2 GHz, 8MHz bandwidth under
$300 USD ]
Date: 	Mon, 08 Sep 2014 10:12:22 -0500
From: 	Les Rayburn <les at highnoonfilm.com>
To: 	vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu <vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu>, VHF Contesting
<amsat-bb at amsat.org>, Star-Com BB <starcom-bb at star-com.net>

A few months ago, I sold my Perseus SDR and traded up to the Elad
FDM-S2, which covers up to 160 MHz, and has a bandwidth of about 6 MHz.
Haven't even had time to take it out of the box yet, but in the
meantime, a new SDR receiver has hit the market.

This SDR boasts 8 MHz of bandwidth, and covers from 100 GHz to 2 GHz.
This would allow the user to monitor things like the NOAA Weather Radio
band, amateur radio bands including 6 Meters, 2 Meters, 222, 432, 902,
and 1296, etc. So far, I haven't seen any reviews from hams or dedicated
DX'ers. But it's also half the cost of the Elad at only $300 USD.

More information is available at:

http://www.sdrplay.com/

Can't wait to read a review on this one, and find the time to get my
Elad installed. Curious if any VHF operators have tried this one yet?

--
--
73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light

--
--

------
Submissions:                    vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu