[Mich VHF UHF Society] 144.288 beacon back on air

Jeff Berman k9yr at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 19:00:52 CDT 2021

I am also hearing your 2 meter beacon in and out of the noise in EN52xk, NE Illinois
Jeff K9YR

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 4:39 PM Chuck MacCluer <maccluer13 at gmail.com> wrote:

Nice to see you guys last night.
My 144.288 beacon is now up for the summer Tropo season.
Chuck w8mqw  EN72ur
P.S. Although my 35-watt 1296.286 beacon requires only throwing on the 13.8 VDC, there is really no point. The antenna is a looper up at only 35 feet pointed SW surrounded by higher trees. I may get up the gumption to climb up and rotate toward Detroit where there is a hole in the trees.
Maybe someone else would like to host it? I offer the electronics on an extended loan. Youwill need an antenna, feedline, and 13.8 VDC. (You can use my looper if you point it back toward me,)