[Mich VHF UHF Society] 144.288 beacon back on air

Chuck MacCluer maccluer13 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 15:39:00 CDT 2021

Nice to see you guys last night.

*My 144.288 beacon is now up for the summer Tropo season*.

Chuck w8mqw  EN72ur

*P.S.* Although my 35-watt 1296.286 beacon requires only throwing on the
13.8 VDC, there is really no point. The antenna is a looper up at only 35
feet pointed SW surrounded by higher trees. I may get up the gumption to
climb up and rotate toward Detroit where there is a hole in the trees.

Maybe someone else would like to host it? I offer the electronics on an
extended loan. You
will need an antenna, feedline, and 13.8 VDC. (You can use my looper if you
point it back toward me,)