[Mich VHF UHF Society] Digital modes in Michigan?

wd8usa at aol.com wd8usa at aol.com
Thu May 28 22:08:56 CDT 2020

Unfortunately these new digital modes have cheapened the art of digging into the noise for that weak signal-   Listening for that faint signal to complete a QSO-
Now a computer does all the work, the operator very little  except to request an E QSL card-
I feel FT-8 needs a separate category and any other computer mode  to be fair-
Voice calls are becoming so rare if you are not on a digital mode you don't even know the band is open except for beacons which become more important then ever- JB