[Mich VHF UHF Society] Fwd: [All-members] CSVHFS 2018 in Wichita -- a fine conference

Roger Cox rgcox2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 06:44:00 CDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bruce Richardson via All-members <all-members at csvhfs.org>
Date: Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 11:20 PM
Subject: [All-members] CSVHFS 2018 in Wichita -- a fine conference
To: all-members at csvhfs.org

Hello CSVHFS members,

To the 120 or so who attended, thank you for coming!  It was a fine time of
socializing and learning.  The weather was perfect! Sure, there were some
rough spots--next year's team will work on those.  Our banquet entertainment
(Curtis the Mentalist) on Saturday night caused the most smiles and laughs
since our last conference in Wichita back in 2008.

Thank you so much to the authors, presenters, and auction/prize donors.
Your generosity with your content and items to your fellow members made for
a fine event.

The Chambers Award was presented to Tom Williams WA1MBA for continued
exploration on the microwave and mm bands via equipment design and activity.

The Wilson Award was presented to Donn Williams WA2VOI for sustained service
to the society.   Donn has been a key player on the Microwave Antenna Range
for over 20 years.  Donn has served on several conference host teams and
served as Conference President in 2017.

Mel Graves WR0I presented the President's Award to Steve Kostro N2CEI for
his energy and newly developed processes for cultivating future conference
sites.

Next year (2019) will be in Lincoln, NE on July 25th through July 27th.
Stand by for the stand-up of the 2019 website.

If you missed the event but would like a proceedings, we can mail you a
proceedings.  If you have not paid 2019 dues, it would be a good time to do
that as well.  Dues are $5 and a mailed-out proceedings is $25.

Send a check made out to Central States and mailed to:  Bruce Richardson
W9FZ, 7623 Teal Bay, Woodbury, MN  55125.
OR PayPal to  registration at csvhfs.org   either method is fine.

If you would like a membership roster (in .xls or .pdf), shoot me an email
and I'll email that out in the next week or so.

Please look at your own projects and activity and make a presentation or
article for the 2019 conference.

73
Bruce Richardson W9FZ