[Mich VHF UHF Society] my rover site list

James French w8iss1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 07:28:53 CST 2015

Tom,

Here's another site that would be good for 6m thru at least 1.2Ghz. Haven't
tried it
out yet for anything higher.
=====
Hines Drive
EN82

Entrance fee:   No
Cost:           None

Coordinates:
Longitude:      -083.32463W (-083  19'  29"W)
Latitude:        42.34521N (  42  20'   42"N)
Grid Locator:   EN82ii

Workable bands:
VHF:            YES
UHF:            YES
1.2GHz +:    Have not tried any microwave bands yet

Usable grids:   EN82ii

Driving Directions:
Merriman Rd. to Hawthorne Dr.
Hawthorne Dr. to Edward Hines Dr.
Make a left turn and go about 2 1/2 miles and the site will be on your
right side.

Notes:
This is the sled hill with a gazebo at the top of the hill. Has ac plugs
but unknown
if they work. Equipment has to be carried up the hill. Good portable site.

This is a county park. Official closing time is dusk. Unknown about what
sheriff
patrols will do if they see the antennas. Have not encountered any yet.

Some of this park might be closed because of flooding after a heavy rain as
it is
also used as a rain water run-off area. This should not effect this site
other than
being able to access from another entrance.