[Mich VHF UHF Society] 70cm Antennae Mfg ID Help Request

kx8xx kx8xx at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 22 14:04:20 CDT 2023

Thank you, Jeff, and yes, one of the straps from the balun is separated, uhhuh.73!
-------- Original message --------From: Jeff Berman via MiVUS <mivus at mivus.org> Date: 6/22/23  13:46  (GMT-05:00) To: mivus at mivus.org Cc: Jeff Berman <k9yr at yahoo.com> Subject: Re: [Mich VHF UHF Society] 70cm Antennae Mfg ID Help Request
Mark that’s a KLM 16 element, replacement insulators are available from M2, but are a bit expensive. Inspect the copper straps solder connections on the balun, they tend to break away over time.I have the same antenna on my tower…73 Jeff K9YRSent from Yahoo Mail for iPadOn Thursday, June 22, 2023, 12:14, kx8xx via MiVUS <mivus at mivus.org> wrote:Hallo,I'm attempting to re-enter the V/UHF weak signal world. I retrieved my old 432 mHz beam from my scrap aluminium pile and find a few broken element insulators.I want to determine the manufacturer in case they may still be around for parts.It's 16 elements, 3 of which are tied together with phasing cross straps ala log-periodic (rest are standard reflector and parasitic director elements). I'm guessing the multiple driven elements were to broad-band it, perhaps for ATV use?Another ID clue: it's fed with a copper tube sleeve balun mounted on the boom.adTHANKSvance es vy 73 de Mark KX8XX _______________________________________________MiVUS mailing listMiVUS at mivus.orgsubscribe/unsubscribe http://mail.mivus.org/mailman/listinfo/mivus_mivus.org