[Mich VHF UHF Society] "6 Meter Meteor Scatter Communications" presented by WB8BZK

Tom k8tb at bosscher.org
Mon Sep 7 11:49:45 CDT 2020

All Michigan VHF-UHF Society members and friends are invited.

*Madison DX Club Meeting is Tuesday, September 8^th on Zoom.*

*Please join us and our special guest speaker for September. All are
welcome:*

"6 Meter Meteor Scatter Communication” will be presented by Mike
Metroka, WB8BZK, from Algonquin, IL. Mike recently retired after several
decades as an Integrated Circuit Design Engineer, having designed many
chips for Motorola, Freescale and BlackBerry. Mike is an accomplished
DXer and contester. He often operates portable or rover on the VHF+
bands up to 1296 MHz. Please join us as we hear from Mike on this
fascinating subject, and learn how to pick up some new grids on 6 meters
using meteor scatter.

  The program will be conducted on Zoom.

*Time*:   Our Zoom host and Program Chairman, Kevin Shea, N9JKP, will be
online from 5:30, to socialize before the meeting begins and to provide
time to work through any technical issues.  In case of problems getting
on, you can call or text Kevin at 608-444-4125.

A brief business meeting will begin at 6:15 pm. The program will begin
immediately following the meeting and no later than 6:30. All interested
hams are welcome.

To Join the Zoom Meeting simply click on this link:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83181396616?pwd=dUIrdWo3bE45T0xyUkZOS2xKdDBIZz09

Meeting ID: 831 8139 6616

Password: 124658

 From a phone you can also join the audio portion if you can’t use a
computer by:

One tap mobile

+16465588656,,83181396616#,,,,0#,,124658# US (New York)

+13017158592,,83181396616#,,,,0#,,124658# US (Germantown)

  Dial by your location

         +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

         +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

         +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

         +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

         +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

         +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

Meeting ID: 831 8139 6616

Password: 124658

*Business Meeting*:

·How’s DX?

·Club dues for the new year

·Member contest and DX activity and upcoming dxpeditions.

·Other member activities: award progress, antenna improvements, new
equipment

Program will begin immediately following the meeting.

**

We had 45 meeting participants in August, so we hope for another
interesting group in attendance. Hope to see you all on Zoom, Tuesday
evening.

/Bob W9EWZ //w9ewz at arrl.net/ <mailto:w9ewz at arrl.net>///608 362 8901/

/President, Madison DX Club/

/http://www.madisondxclub.org////

//

Please help support our efforts by contributing to the Madison DX Club.
Dues are $20.00 payable to PayPal at mdxc1234 at gmail.com
<mailto:mdxc1234 at gmail.com>, or by snail mail to Jim Hugo, KE9ET, at his
QRZ address.

Leave me a note via email or phone if you no longer wish to receive our
program announcements.