[Mich VHF UHF Society] Fw: CSVHFS 2019 Confernece Registration Is Now Open
wb9qzb_groups at yahoo.com
Tue May 14 14:12:02 CDT 2019
From: Jon Platt via All-members <all-members at csvhfs.org>
To: all-members <all-members at csvhfs.org>
Sent: Mon, May 13, 2019 10:51 am
Subject: [All-members] CSVHFS 2019 Confernece Registration Is Now Open
To: All Central States VHF Society Members Onbehalf of the Central States VHF Society I invite you to attend our53rd annual CSVHF Society conference to be held in Lincoln, Nebraska. Lincoln, Nebraska is centrally located at just over a 6 hour drive from Minneapolis, 8 hours from Chicago, 9 hours from Dallas, and 7 hours from Denver. For those flying, Lincoln features a major airport that is located just 9 minutes from the conference hotel center. Our 2019 conference will be held on July 25th through July 27 at the Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lincoln North Hotel and Conference Center, located at 5353 North 27th Street in Lincoln, Nebraska. The conference will feature all of the activities that previous conferences have had including technical presentations, antenna range testing, preamp measurements, vendor exhibits, both a VHF101 and a Microwave101 educational seminar for those who may be new to weak signal operations, Rover Row, Dish Row, luncheons with hosted speakers, a family program for non-hams, a Saturday night banquet, and a VHF/UHF/Microwave swap fest. In addition, the conference offers a great opportunity to socialize with like minded weak signal VHF+ operators. Hotel and conference registration is now open. To register please visit www.csvhfs.org , hover your pointer over "Annual Conference" at the top, and then click on either "2019 Annual Conference Website" to learn more about the conference, or "2019 Annual Conference Registration" to register. Note that the registration page will link you to the conference hotel room reservation site and, at the very bottom, the online conference registration form. You will need to reserve your conference hotel room and fill out your conference registration form as two separate steps. Conference fees can be paid via PayPal, or for those who wish by check, just follow the directions provided. While we prefer online registration, there is also a downloadable conference registration form that can be mailed in. Hotel room rates are guaranteed until July 10 so please register soon. Finally, as this years CSVHFS Conference President, I have a few requests for all members:
- Please consider sharing your interests in our great hobby by writing a paper for our Proceedings and/or giving a technical presentation. Information for how to do this is provided on the CSVHFS website.
- Most of us are members of other organizations. Please use these connections to spread the word regarding the CSVHFS and our pending conference in Lincoln. Note that this years conference is featuring both a VHF101 and a uW101 which is a great way for those new to this aspect of our great hobby to gain knowledge.
- Note that conference fees for students is half price and for those 15 years and younger the conference is free.
- Most of us have been around the block once or twice and our own ham shack is well stocked with years of collecting. Please consider donating an item to our Saturday evening banquet ham and family prize table. The conference also features an auction of donated items with the proceedings going to the conference to help defer costs.
- For those CSVHFS members who cannot attend, the online (and mail in) forms do allow you to maintain your membership with your $5 yearly dues.
After a days travel, please join us Thursday evening for our social mixer that features the hotels Little Italy Buffet. I am looking forward to seeing you and your family in Lincoln. 73, W0ZQJon PlattCSVHFS 2019 Conference President _______________________________________________
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MiVUS