[Mich VHF UHF Society] Contest soapbox, HPARC hamfest next Sunday

Reuven Z Gevaryahu reuven at alumni.upenn.edu
Mon Jan 21 21:35:53 CST 2019

That was an interesting contest. I only got a few hours of work in, but
from what I could tell most of the local activity was FT8, with only some
occasional chatter on 144.200 (too in-the-noise to work on my little
dipole). 6m sideband was very quiet; I'm used to bumping into folks from
50.125-50.160; nothing seen this time. That said FT8 (and a little MSK144)
was on full display on both bands. There was some weak Es on Sunday to
Florida and Bermuda. For my few hours of work on 3 bands with my tiny
station, I scored 234 by my count.

In other news, HPARC (one of the SE Michigan clubs that I am involved with)
is having a hamfest this Sunday near 13 mile and I-75 - see
http://hparc.org/swap/. If any of you guys make it over there, I will be
around; come say hi.

--Reuven KB3EHW