[Mich VHF UHF Society] East-siders?

rgcox2 rgcox2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 15:55:06 CST 2018

I will be attending the CSVHF Society Conference in Lincoln, NE this summer. I could ask them if they would like to hold the 2020 Conference in Michigan.
RogerW8IO

-------- Original message --------From: Patrick Thomas <p-thomas at mindspring.com> Date: 12/11/18  4:44 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: David DeVos <kf8ql at yahoo.com>, MIVUS <mivus at mivus.org> Subject: Re: [Mich VHF UHF Society] East-siders?
body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}I would say it depends on the size of the group, the scope (conferences, presentations, just a social meeting?), and how much you want to "wow" people.

Novi and Livonia are fairly close to the population centers without getting into dense (confusing/tight/expensive) areas... Brighton is a good compromise if you're wanting to cover a lot of "surface area" (easy to get to from Metro Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor, Flint, even Toledo)... and higher in altitude for those antennas, ha ha.

Personally I would really enjoy something that is a little more than just "a meeting"... maybe involving some presentations, showing off of equipment, demos or even some swapping of VHF/UHF-specific items... or even more hands-on like antenna/preamp testing.  But if it's just an occasional social meet-and-greet or "club meeting", nothing wrong with that either.  You guys know the formula that works from other meetings, I'd just like to bring that experience to the hams in the population centers out here... as well as (full disclosure) to hopefully get more V/U contesters in EN82 to talk to, ha ha.

There are a lot of venues in the area.. as cheap as library conference rooms, or as nice as hotel conference rooms, and - in warmer months - plenty of ham-friendly parks in the area too.  I'm happy to sniff around if people get a little more serious and we firm up requirements of the space needed.

Patrick
KB8DGC