[Mich VHF UHF Society] Question about WSJT-x and MSK144

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Wed Mar 15 01:25:34 CDT 2017

Tom,

Back in January you mentioned in a note on the MIVUS reflector that you
had been working with MSK144.  I am going to C6A, the Bahamas with a
small group for the June VHF Contest, and I'm trying to put together the
gear to run MSK144 using WSJT-x.  I have very little experience using
WSJT, and the question I'd pose to you is - how powerful of a computer
do I need to run MSK144? Some time back, I purchased a SignalLink USB
interface to go between the computer and radio, and my old Dell 1.4 GHz
Pentium laptop ran the "plain" WSJT fine with it.  The docs for WSJT-x
state that a 1.5 GHz computer is required, and that "MSK144 really
benefits from a multi-core CPU".  Do this agree with your experience
running MSK144?

Thanks in advance for any advice you'd care to offer.

73, Dave/K8CC