[Mich VHF UHF Society] New email member

Tom k8tb at bosscher.org
Tue Jan 10 18:16:39 CST 2017

We had a new email member join this group.

Please  say hello to Dan Miller, in EN57. yes, EN57.

I worked Dan on 50.280 using K1JT's Christmas present named MSK144.

Part of an email from Dan:

"Thanks for listening for me on .280. I have been on 6 M for the past 5
years or so, and the past 2 years on MS. My limiting factor is low
power, I have an IC-729 that only has 10 W of power to a homemade 5
element beam at about 20 feet up. So I usually need some kind of meteor
shower to give enough rocks to make contacts, or some sporadic E to help
out! And my rotor is old and sluggish and doesn't like the cold so below
about 35 degrees it doesn't move. So I point it south for the winter,
that works pretty well from up here! Your QTH in Hudsonville is pretty
close to south, the beam isn't real narrow. Anything from SW to SE seems
to work pretty well."

So it looks like we need to find Dan an amplifier. Anyone have one?

Now, if we could get one of those two hams in EN67 on the air!

Please, if you work anyone on 6 and above, who is also in Michigan,
please send them the www.mivus.org website and encourage them to join
the group and/or email list server.

73 de Tom, K8TB