[Mich VHF UHF Society] August 5-6 - ARRL's NEW 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - Team Competition anyone?

Bart Jahnke bjahnke at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 10:16:18 CDT 2017

All,

As most of you are aware, the ARRL's NEW "222 MHz and Up Distance Contest
kicks off this weekend.

See http://www.arrl.org/222-mhz-and-up-distance-contest for details.

Updates:

- The "Team Registration" link is active and invites you to join in the fun
of this new competition twist for VHF contests (see Section 7 of the
rules). Teams can be Small (2-5 members) or Large (6-10 Members), and can
be made up of any combination of Single-Operator, Fixed; Multi-operator,
Fixed and / or Rover category participants operating within a single
Contest Region.  Registration is open until 1 hour after the contest begins.

- Software: The following program vendors have stated that they support the
contest in full: N3FJP, WriteLog, RoverLog and N1MM (with W3SZ's generous
UDC). Any program that will collect 6-digit grid locators can be used
(as ARRL log checking will calculate final scores {in this case with the
distances component} just as we do for other contests).

Feel free to contact me with any questions...

73,

Bart Jahnke, W9JJ

Contest Branch Manager

*ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio™*

*225 Main St*

*Newington CT 06111*

860-594-0232
w9jj at arrl.org