[Mich VHF UHF Society] ARRL Sep VHF K8CC Single Op LP

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Sun Sep 18 02:18:06 CDT 2016

My results from the September VHF QSO Party last weekend.  I hope all MIVUS members who got on will submit their logs so the club can defend it's win in the Affiliated Club Competition for the 2015 contest.

ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC
Station: K8CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN82
Operating Time (hrs): 9:38

     6:   30    14
     2:   33    15
   222:   11     5
   432:   23    11
   903:    3     2
   1.2:    7     2
   2.3:
   3.4:
   5.7:
   10G:
   24G:
-------------------
Total:  107    49  Total Score = 7,889

Club: Michigan VHF-UHF Society

Comments:

Condx were terrible Saturday.  I was on 6M when the contest started and a
listener would never have known it - not one audible signal all the way across
the band.  The higher bands were not much better; spent Saturday afternoon
mostly working locals and moving them up the bands.  After dark, 6M remained
flat but condx improved on the higher bands and longer distance QSOs became
possible.

I was in Findlay, OH Sunday morning for the Findlay Hamfest, but was back on
the radios about 2000Z.  My 222 brick started tripping out with a "high
SWR" warning which turned out to be the wattmeter in line after the brick.
Replaced it with a Bird 43 and all was well again, but I missed a number of
QSOs and mults while it was QRT

One interesting statistic is that I worked 35 unique stations, which means that
on average I made three QSOs with each station.  My thanks to everyone for all
the QSOs.

73, Dave/K8CC

Posted using 3830 Score Submittal Forms at:http://www.3830scores.com/