[Mich VHF UHF Society] Fwd: [VHFcontesting] Microwave Update 2016

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Fri Sep 9 00:31:09 CDT 2016

Is anyone in MIVUS considering or planning to go to Microwave Update
2016 October 13 -15 in St. Louis?  I'm considering going, and it would
be a lot more fun if some other MIVUS prople were going also.

Perhaps St. Louis seems a long ways away from Michigan, but in 2010 I
drove by myself to St. Louis for the Central States Conference and the
drive didn't seem bad at all.  That year I also drove to the Southeast
VHF Society conference in Moorhead, KY.  I really enjoyed both
conferences, as there were lot of interesting technical presentations,
"Rover Row" where people could display/demonstrate their Rover Stations,
the Antenna Gain and Pre-amp Measuring Contests, etc.  Not to mention
meeting and hanging out with people who share our interest in the
microwave frequencies.  It may be only 10% the size of Dayton, but when
ALL the attendees are there with the same interest its pretty cool.

If anybody is planning to go, I'd like to hear from you. I'm open to any
sort of plans - ride together, ride separately in a caravan, whatever.
If you read the attached note from W9SZ, there is only a week remaining
for the Early Bird Special for the conference (I haven't had time yet to
decipher what that means). But the web site he give for the conference
seems to have a lot of info.

Hope to see everyone this weekend in the ARRL September VHF QSO Party.

73, Dave K8CC