[Mich VHF UHF Society] K8CC - Microwave Spring Sprint

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Mon May 9 03:50:54 CDT 2016

Microwave Spring Sprint

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC
Station: K8CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN82eh
Operating Time (hrs): 4:30

Total:  QSOs = 1  Max Dist(km) = 190  Total Score = 190

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Station: IC-7000, 10W DEMI 903 xvtr, M2 902-14WL 40L yagi up 65'.

903 was the only "microwave" band that I have.  Notice that I said
"903".  The last time I was on the band, stations west of the
Mississippi River were on 902 and those east were on 903. Apparently most
eastern stations have QSY'd to 902 where the ambient noise from ISM
devices and
such is much less.

I'll be ordering a new crystal for my xvtr very soon.

My only QSO was with K8GDT in EN91bf.  Tried and failed with KU8Y in
EN61 and
K8TQK in EM89.  I could hear them, but they couldn't hear me.  I could hear
stations on 902 by tuning my IF rig down to 143 MHz, but it wouldn't
transmit
there since it was technically "out of band".

Using the ON4KST chat room kept me interested and in the chair, even
with the
scarcity of QSOs.

I NEED 1296!

73, Dave/K8CC