[Mich VHF UHF Society] VHF on field day

Tom k8tb at bosscher.org
Thu Jun 23 13:55:43 CDT 2016

The good news/bads news is that field day weekend is typically the best
weekend all year for E's on 6. Back in the late 60's, a group of then
young uns put up a 6 meter rig (Swan no less), and six was open to
everywhere, all day Sat/Sun, including Alaska. We made more points on
six that the two low band stations.

By the way, the great 6 meter band opening a few weeks ago during the
June ARRL contest? That was courtesy of K8JH/KB8KB/K8EIO and K8TB. We
have been up to EN86 for three years in a row. With a portable tower,
beam, K3/KPA500, and each of the three years, there was a solar CME on
Tue/Wed that wiped out 6. So we stayed out of EN86 this year. And the
band opened up.

You're welcome!

Tom K8TB