[Mich VHF UHF Society] contest results

Patrick Thomas p-thomas at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 15 05:47:12 CDT 2016

>From: Russell Dwarshuis <rjd at merit.edu>
>
> 2m QSOs were hard to come by since everyone was whooping it up on 6m

I noticed this phenomenon too... I guess I should be happy since it was the best 6m contest I've seen in my 18 months of trying, but it was a bit aggravating, as I only had a squalo in the rover for 6m, and even then, that ended up developing a matching problem.  Tried calling CQ on a few occasions on 2m with a 10el yagi in multiple directions, but not much luck so I aborted the rover mission.

On the bright side, even with casual operating at home and tuning my 80m dipole (!!) for 6m, I managed to still work the opening to TX and FL, plus Maine and some others, including a fellow in TX allegedly using 2 watts on JT65.  Which was probably similar to my own EIRP using that antenna. :P

Anyway, although it didn't go as planned, it was still educational and fun, and that's the important part, right?

 - Patrick, KB8DGC