[Mich VHF UHF Society] June VHF participation?

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Thu Jun 9 16:48:53 CDT 2016

All,

I've been working hard for the past month getting my station ready for
the June VHF QSO Party.  (At times like this, it's good to be retired
:-))  I plan to be single-op/low-power on 50 thru 1296 with the
following power and antennas from EN82eh:

  * 50:   200W & 7L yagi
  * 144:  130W & 18L yagi
  * 222:  100W & 16L yagi
  * 432:  100W & 24L yagi
  * 902:  10W & 40L yagi
  * 1296: 30W & 45L looper

All of these antennas are at least 70' in the air.  The 1296 looper was
purchased this past Dayton and went up in the air just this morning.
This will be the first time my station has been QRV on 1296.

I plan to operate the entire contest, but I have a birthday party for my
sister-in-law around supper time on Saturday so I'll likelt miss a
couple of hours.  I plan to be on the ON4KST chat pages for the duration.

I have a couple of buddies from the Mad River Radio Club who are not on
this reflector, but will be on the air this weekend in the contest, and
good for some QSOs:

  * Tim, K9TM in Sylvania, OH in EN81 will be on 50 thru 432,
    single-operator/low-power with big M2 yagis on a 64' tower. His
    entire inside VHF setup is new since Dayton.

  * Another Tim, KE8OC in Canton, MI will be on 50/144/432/1296 from
    EN82.  100W/3L on 50, 100W/5L on 144, 50W/5L on 432, 10W/homwbrew
    "cheap yagi".  The KE8OC antennas aren't very high, but I'm sure
    he'll be plugging away looking for QSOs.

I hope to work lots of MIVUS members during the contest. Let's see if we
can make it two in a row by winning the Local category in the Affiliated
Club Competition after winning it in the September contest.

Good luck to the rovers and everyone in the club who gets on.

73, Dave/K8CC