[Mich VHF UHF Society] September Rove Question

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 12:30:43 CDT 2016

Don, NL7CO,

Sounds like a fun trip!

The last time I roved in the Sept contest (2010), my 222 setup was 25W
FM with a 4L yagi.  It worked fine within the grid or perhaps out to a
grid away, but I really wished that I had SSB (and CW!) to work the
grids further out.

I really like 222.  My experience has been that with similar power and
antenna size, the working range on 222 SSB/CW is about the same as 144
SSB/CW.

So I agree with Rus, 222 SSB/CW is definitely worth bringing along.  But
FM is better than nothing...

I plan to be on for the September contest, and I have 222 SSB/CW/FM so
I'll be looking for you.

73, Dave/K8CC