[Mich VHF UHF Society] RF Attenuator

Tom Bosscher tom at bosscher.org
Fri Feb 26 10:14:09 CST 2016

Mike,

Two ideas,

1. Attenuators and dummy loads are relatively cheap on Ebay.

2. Got some RB-58? Make your very own attenuator based on the length of
the coax. I had to drop a broadcast Fm exciter output by 3 to 4 db, and
I use 100 feet of RG-58 to do that.

Tom K8TB

p.s., I would set the attenuation level based on the regular power level
of the exciter/driver. That way you don't have to worry about pulling
back the power, ever.