[Mich VHF UHF Society] Hey everyone - this weekend is the Fall VHF contest

David DeVos kf8ql at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 20:46:39 CDT 2015

Hey everyone - this weekend is the Fall VHF contest, and it runs from 2PM Saturday local time to 11PM on Sunday night.  6 meters and up, any mode.  Or as the ARRL describes it:

"For amateurs in the US and Canada (and their possessions) to work as many amateur stations in as many different 2 degrees x 1 degree Maidenhead grid squares as possible using authorized frequencies above 50 MHz."

K8DOG and I will both be roving, and here is my rough schedule:
Saturday 2-4PM         Coopersville Grid Corner EN62/72/63/73Travel to EN82
Saturday 6-7:30PM   GP Hill in EN82 (or until the park closes, if later than sunset)Travel Home
Sunday 9AM-12PM   EN71 near Coldwater, MI
Sunday 7-11PM        EN72 near Grand Rapids, MI
Please text me if you want to know where I am so you can point at me.  We are allowed to do that with the new VHF rules adopted this year.  My 2m hangout frequency is 144.230, or the call frequency 144.200.  I will have 10 bands in the rover: 6 meters to 10GHz.
73, and let's have some fun! Dave DeVos - KF8QL/R - 616-706-8736
http://www.davedevos.com