[Mich VHF UHF Society] Anyone interested in helping out at Detroit Maker Faire?

James French w8iss1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 09:46:33 CDT 2015

Sending this out very early to give everyone a heads up.

I am starting to work on the planning stages for this years Detroit
Maker Faire amateur radio exhibit. This will be the sixth year for
the faire and the sixth year for the exhibit at the Henry Ford museum
in Dearborn.

If anyone would be interested in attending and helping out showing
off something that they are doing to the attendees or just simply
coming out to make contacts, let me know. Dates are July 25 & 26,
2015.

We have had 2 hf stations (cw and voice/digital), a portable hf station,
satellite station, and a VHF station each year. Last year the Livonia
club brought out their balloon package that was sent soaring a few
weeks before.

Please use the following email to contact me:
jcfrench at hawkmail.hfcc.edu
The above email address gets very few emails(my college email) and
will be easier for me to keep track of things this year.

The main fringe benefit you'll get with helping out is free admission to the
Henry Ford Museum. If you can arrive on Friday, you'll be able to attend
the maker gathering that night at the museum. Free food and drinks
(including beer) along with they usually operate the Life-size Mousetrap
exhibit.

James French W8ISS