[Mich VHF UHF Society] Annual Meeting, August 1, 2015, Saturday at 5 PM.

Tom k8tb at bosscher.org
Sat Jul 18 10:28:25 CDT 2015

The annual meeting for the Michigan VHF-UHF Society will be at the 2nd
annual Spark-in-the-park, August 1, 2015 at 5 PM.

The release going to many group is below.

But I have a special request. One of the reasons MIVUS exists is to
promote weak signal operation above DC. If you have anything you could
take that can help "wow" a crowd, please do bring it along and setup a
table. Anything geeky cool, microwave, homebrew antennas, special
VHF-UHF go boxes, whatever. We need to show off the gear.

As an aside, I will have the Array Solutions UHF VNA from my work at the
event. We will have it located at the MIVUS table, and we will be set up
to easily test your coax for loss. I don't care how much you have, how
bad you think it is, we can sweep it from 1 Mhz to 1.3 GHz, and show you
the graph with the loss. So take along all of questionable cable you can
find.

Please think what you can take to show other amateurs who are not
enlightened about the weak signal modes.

And see you August 1.

Tom Bosscher K8TB

*/SPARK IN THE PARK!/*

*Saturday, August 1, 2015*

*3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.*

Home School Building

5625 Burlingame SW, Wyoming, MI

(Site of GRARA Hamfests)

Be sure to put Saturday, August 1, from 3PM to 8PM on your calendar.Head
on over to the Home School Building, located at 5625 Burlingame SW,
Wyoming (same location as the GRARA hamfest).Check out what’s going on
outdoors and then come into the air conditioned gym to cool off and
enjoy all the indoor demos and displays.Grab a drink and a bite to eat
while you explore the exhibits.Better yet, bring an exhibit!

What is Spark in the Park?Think of a science fair for amateur radio.
This event is absolutely free, both to the exhibitors and the attendees.
This is not a hamfest – it is an afternoon event geared toward all radio
enthusiasts and their families. This event is free thanks to the
sponsorship of these West Michigan amateur radio clubs:Holland ARC,
Lowell ARC, Grand Rapids ARA, Allegan County ARC, and the Kalamazoo ARC.

There will be demonstrations of amateur satellite, Motorola Turbo, HF
digital modes, VHF-UHF roving, Mesh networking, remote transceiver
operation, Arduino projects, amateur television, software defined
radios, and more.

We will also have a “Made in Michigan" row, featuring items made for
amateur radio here in Michigan, including solar equipment from Solar 24,
antennas from Tenna-Dyne, study guides from Dan Romanchik, electronic
kits from John, KC9ON and more.Meet the makers and pick their brains.

Do you have rolls of coax in your garage or basement that you have no
idea if they are good? Bring them down, and we will check them for
loss..Look for the Michigan VHF-UHF Society tableHave you built an
antenna tuner? A QRP transmitter? Anything with electronics in it for
amateur radio? Vintage equipment?Take it along, grab a table and show it
off to others. You made your very own linear power amplifier? Others
would like to see it. Almost everyone has a "bug-out" kit or go-bag.
Bring yours in - displays don’t need to be elaborate.What is ordinary to
you may seem like a stroke of genius to others! Even new equipment,
bought or homebrewed. A one watt transmitter in an Altoids can, or the
latest transceiver with gold-plated trim? Bring it down and show it to
others.

The Michigan VHF-UHF Society will hold its annual meeting at 5 PM.SATERN
and several other amateur radio public service groups will be in
attendance as well.

Pictures of last year's inaugural event are located
athttp://www.k8tb.org/sitpp/sitpp.htm. Additional information for this
year's upcoming event, which promises to be bigger and better than last
year’s, can be found
at<http://www.k8tb.org/sitp.htm>http://www.k8tb.org/sitp.htm.

The Home School Association will have their concession stand open, which
will sell coffee, soft drinks, snacks, hot dogs, and other items.