[Mich VHF UHF Society] Fwd: [VHF] K8N EN67 Activation Starts Sunday July 5

rgcox2 rgcox2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 09:40:27 CDT 2015

Just west of Copper Harbor in the UP.

Tim N8DUY, Dave WJ8R and myself are taking a crack at EN67 and will be setting up on Brockway Mountain starting sometime on July 5 and will be there until July 10.   We will be operating 6 and 2 meters and will have power (I am bringing my Lunar Links) and fair antennas (5 element on 6, 12 element on 2) on both bands.  We will be operating FSK, ISCAT and JT65 with SSB/CW as conditions warrant.

If all goes well and we have not forgotten a coax cable or blown off the mountain operation should commence on the afternoon of July 5th.  We will have good internet and will be on the N5TM chat page on a special K8N EN67 tab that Dan set up for us.   We will also check into Pink Jockey, EME-1 and the ON4KST 50MHz or EME pages as applicable.

HF operation is also planned.

See the expedition website for details   http://www.k8n2015.com

Hope to get you in the log!

73 de Bill ND0B