[Mich VHF UHF Society] Fwd: [VHF] ARRL Ad Hoc Subcmmittee on VHF & Above seeks August UHF Contest Suggestions

Roger Cox rgcox2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 18:26:43 CDT 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[VHF] ARRL Ad Hoc Subcmmittee on VHF & Above seeks August UHF
Contest Suggestions
Date: 	Sun, 23 Aug 2015 18:17:42 -0500
From: 	Les Rayburn via VHF <vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu>
To: 	VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting at contesting.com>,
vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu <vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu>

See below, reprinted from the ARRL Letter. If you haven't sent it your
comments, please do so. If we don't participate in the process, we
shouldn't complain. Comments can be e-mailed to:

vhf-input at arrl.org

Ad Hoc Subcommittee on VHF and Above Revitalization Seeks August UHF
Contest Suggestions

The ARRL Ad Hoc Subcommittee on VHF and Above Revitalization is
exploring ways to expand participation in the ARRL August UHF Contest
<http://www.arrl.org/august-uhf>. This year's event took place August
1-2. The objective of the event is to work as many stations in as many 2
× 1 grid squares as possible on amateur frequencies above 222 MHz, using
any authorized modes. The panel is inviting responses to these questions:

  * Are you now active on UHF?

  * How often do you presently operate in the ARRL UHF Contest -- never,
    occasionally, or always?

  * If you do not presently participate, why not?

  * If you do not presently participate, what changes might compel you
    to participate in the future?

  * What are your ideas for attracting more amateurs to UHF operation in
    general?

The subcommittee has requested that participants submit
<mailto:vhf-input at arrl.org> their comments by October 1. The members of
ARRL's Ad Hoc Subcommittee on VHF and Above Revitalization also
expressed their gratitude for the many comments they received during the
initial round of VHF+ contest rule changes.
--
--
73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF